Friday, November 21, 2008

I need a nap

Busy week. Appointments, errands and lots of general running around. We're trying to get a move on with all of the baby prep. Debbie took today off to put some furniture together and make some small repairs. Our "to-do" list is getting smaller, which makes me happy - but there's still lots of stuff and oh so little time.

Luca's been a bit of a handful this week. (Um, unlike other weeks??) He has a charming new habit of totally acting out whenever I get on the phone. That's been a lot of fun. The other day I had to juggle a conversation with a lactation consultant AND his crazy and illogical - yet typical of a three year old - tantrum. And he's had four potty accidents in the last three days. He had been pretty much accident-free for months before this week, so I'm chalking it up to the baby being on the way. We talked about it a bit - but I am going to ignore it for the most part and let him work it out on his own. He's testing boundaries left and right (running into the street, hitting Debbie, trying to control our every move and randomly losing his shit). I know that this is "three" and I know that he knows a huge change is underway. I totally get it. But, man - I'm tired.

We have a pretty good weekend planned. A birthday party tomorrow and the state fair on Sunday, if the mood strikes us. We're also planning to cook a nice meal together on Sunday evening. We'll see how it all works out. Next week is full of dinners and potlucks and Thanksgiving at Lori and Ida's. Much of our time in the beginning of the week will be dedicated to pie-making. Friday, however, will be dedicated to doing nothing at all. Photos to come.

0 comments: