Thursday, June 04, 2009

One month

Lots has happened in the last month.

My grandmother passed away unexpectedly - as unexpectedly as a ninety-four year old could pass away, that is. We had visited just one week before and she was better than she had been in months. Alert and pleasant, happy and joking around. When we said goodbye to her, I was sure that we would be hanging out with her again very soon. But, it was her time and she knew it - telling the nursing home staff and my mother and uncle that she was dying. That she had to say goodbye that day. No one believed it, but - good, old Connie had the last word in the end. I went back to Philadelphia alone. Debbie and I decided that it was best - that closure would be easier without the kids there to worry about. They had a nice weekend with friends and I got to process the start of life without my grandmother without any distractions. That was one month ago today.

The last month has also been filled with birthday and bon-voyage parties, visits from friends, mother's day, outdoor events, a trip to the zoo, play dates, park dates and lots and lots of rain.

And, once again - we are back from another weekend in Philly - the third weekend visit for me in under two months. Now that we are home and not going anywhere for awhile, I'm going to try to get back to things.



Concetta DeAngelis
Jan. 5th, 1915 - May 4th, 2009

2 comments:

s said...

our condolences go out to you... what wonderful memories and photos you have to cherish.

StephLove said...

I'm sorry to hear of you loss. But I'm glad you got to say goodbye.