Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sickie

Luca came down with a high fever on Monday night - so we've spent the last two days tending to our patient. Blueberry smoothies, peppermint oil baths, cold compresses and lots of liquids did the trick during the day - but we caved at night and did the Tylenol/Motrin dance. I am all for a allowing a fever to do it's job - but I am the first to admit to being freaked out in anticipation of his fever spiking in the night. It got as high as 104 this time - and I am still traumatized by the last virus when it got above 105. I spent all of Monday night (into Tuesday morning) feeling his head and taking his temp. Consequently, I was a zombie yesterday. But - it worked out okay because this is what he did for much of the day...



Today was much better. He got up to 102, but never higher. He ate a bit, got ALL of his energy back and refused to nap. His activity level today more than made up for yesterday. He couldn't bring himself to lay quietly on the sofa, even when tempted with a video. There was just too much to do...





















We'll see how he does tonight - but I think he's on the mend.

0 comments: