Saturday, January 03, 2009

Checking in...

No pics to share. I have been busy / lazy - depending on the hour. No baby to share yet, either. Today is my official due date believe or not. The way I've been spouting off, you'd think I was a month late already. I'm not - it just feels that way. Because of several things - the pumping and herb protocol that started at thirty-seven weeks, a second fetus, a psychic that was right about everything else, the fact that Primo came early and that this is a second baby, my hugeness, etc - I really thought this baby would be here by now. It's all about expectations, I guess. (Wo)man plans, god laughs.

I went to the acupuncturist this week - twice - for electronic stimulation. She also gave me a hefty dose of vile herbs. I have had massage therapists friends pushing on pressure points for two weeks now. "Nesting" has come and gone. But, alas - nothing. Nada. Zilch.

So - now - on my due date, I am starting to feel the anxiety. I am worried about interventions and c-sections and what if something's wrong, and oh my god - I've been eating too many carbs, etc. Stepping outside of myself, I know that plenty of babies come past their due dates. I know that this baby will get here when he and my body are ready. But still...

Regarding no pics - I have been sooooo achy and tired that I haven't been motivated to pull out the camera. I have also been lucky enough to have our wonderful baby-sitter become available during some daytime hours and she's been taking Jr. out on a lot of his daily adventures.

The house is still asleep. I have been up since five. I think I might organize the baby's drawers. Very exciting. Maybe I will take some pics...

In the meantime, please send positive labor vibes!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sending lots of labor vibes your way Dana! Even Drew asked yesterday if Luca's brother is here yet. Us non-pregnant people can be very impatient too. :) I went 10 days overdue with Drew so I know how frustrated you are now.

bleu said...

Going over is hard, I went way over with Bliss, over 2 weeks. It is mentally draining as well as physically.

Sending lots of love and strength to you and the baby right now.

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

Dana -
Our thoughts are with you all, as well as those positive labor vibes :o)
Can't wait to hear the good news!

Mae said...

The Isaac Family is checking on you daily here!! We were convinced this was it when there were no posts... sorry to hear you are still waiting to meet him. Here's to a uncomplicated and quick birth! We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

I am checking on you daily, too! And sending wonderful birthing vibes your way.